2015 Media Information
2014 Media Information
2013 Media Information
- December 31, 2013 - Customer Notice-Reminder: SR-100 Units are No Longer Certified for Use
- How to Read the SRLD Temperature Indicator
- SR-D Retrofit Kit Now Available
- May 24, 2013 - CSE: Training Essential to Success of Mine Safety Device (PDF Article)
- Don't Get Stuck With The Wrong Pouch
- January 23, 2013 - Customer Notice - Reminder Phase Out SR-100 Units
2012 Media Information
- Visit Our Booth (#1643) at MINExpo 2012!
- August 22, 2012 - CSE Announces End of Distributor Agreement
- CUSTOMER NOTICE
Re: SR-100 RETRIEVAL & DISPOSAL PROCESS
- May 31, 2012 - CSE Announces Key Initiatives Aimed at Advancing the Production and Delivery of the SRLD
- May 23, 2012 - CSE: Setting the Record Straight
- May 6, 2012 - Monroeville's CSE Corp. Rebounds After Returning to Domestic Suppliers
- Effective Training Saves Lives Presentation
- April 26, 2012 - Statement from CSE regarding MSHA / NIOSH user notice for SR-100
- April 17, 2012 - Statement from CSE Regarding Status of SR-100
2011 Media Information
- July 26, 2011 - NEW SRLD Rescuer Device Approved by NIOSH and MSHA (Approval # TC-13F-0645)
- July 15, 2011 - Manufacturer of New Rescuer Product Points to Advanced Technology & Oxygen Starter
- February 1, 2011 - CSE Corporation Introduces New Miner Breathing Rescue Device
- January 14, 2011 - SR-100 User Notice (Updated)
Archived Media Information
- September 2, 2010 - Response to the Mine Safety & Health Administration's (MSHA) Procedure Instruction Letter No. I10-V-15 released August 31
- May 12, 2010 - SR-100 User Notice (Updated)
- May 10, 2010 - SR-100 User Notice (Updated)
- April 26, 2010 - Statement from CSE Corporation Regarding the Performance Coal - Upper Big Branch Mine Explosion
- February 26, 2010 - CSE Announces Limited Voluntary Recall of Certain SR-100's for Evaluation
- February 25, 2010 - SR-100 User Notice
- Coal Mine Inspectors Experience SCSR Training Units During Simulated Mine Explosion
- Coal Miners Experience SR-100 Training Units as Part of Mine Safety Training Exercise
- Thank You Letter from West Virginia Office of Miners' Health, Safety and Training (PDF)
Customer Notice - Reminder Phase Out SR-100 Units
January 23, 2013
Many customers have now replaced SR-100s with the new CSE SRLD in advance of the December 31, 2013 phase-out deadline established by MSHA and NIOSH. CSE employees are working to ensure miners are fully protected with the technologically advanced SRLD, as well as to minimize the impact on our customers' operations.
We are fully prepared to meet our customers' needs for self-contained self-rescuers. In addition, we offer complete training support through our new CSE Training Services program, as well as assisting in the disposal of SR-100s.
We are pleased to have provided support on this phase out, and we will continue to do so in order to ease this transition for our customers. We encourage customers to avoid waiting to address the replacement mandate. We are prepared to assist and we have ensured our production capacity will meet anticipated demand.
As safety for our customers is CSE's top priority, we have dedicated our resources to solve any concerns during this final transitionary period.
For your convenience, please see the upcoming phase-out deadlines listed below.
April 26, 2013:
- SCSRs for miners who wear/carry SR-100s and do not have a fixed work location, and along travel routes used by these miners.
- SCSRs for miners who wear/carry SR-100s and have fixed work locations, and SCSRs stored on mantrips.
December 31, 2013:
- Finish phase-out of SR-100s. No SR-100s should remain in any mine.
If customers have specific questions about scheduling delivery and/or training of the SRLD, or pick up and disposal of SR-100s, we encourage you to reach out to your sales manager immediately. To reach your sales manager, please call 800-245-2224