2015 Media Information
2014 Media Information
2013 Media Information
- December 31, 2013 - Customer Notice-Reminder: SR-100 Units are No Longer Certified for Use
- How to Read the SRLD Temperature Indicator
- SR-D Retrofit Kit Now Available
- May 24, 2013 - CSE: Training Essential to Success of Mine Safety Device (PDF Article)
- Don't Get Stuck With The Wrong Pouch
- January 23, 2013 - Customer Notice - Reminder Phase Out SR-100 Units
2012 Media Information
- Visit Our Booth (#1643) at MINExpo 2012!
- August 22, 2012 - CSE Announces End of Distributor Agreement
- CUSTOMER NOTICE
Re: SR-100 RETRIEVAL & DISPOSAL PROCESS
- May 31, 2012 - CSE Announces Key Initiatives Aimed at Advancing the Production and Delivery of the SRLD
- May 23, 2012 - CSE: Setting the Record Straight
- May 6, 2012 - Monroeville's CSE Corp. Rebounds After Returning to Domestic Suppliers
- Effective Training Saves Lives Presentation
- April 26, 2012 - Statement from CSE regarding MSHA / NIOSH user notice for SR-100
- April 17, 2012 - Statement from CSE Regarding Status of SR-100
2011 Media Information
- July 26, 2011 - NEW SRLD Rescuer Device Approved by NIOSH and MSHA (Approval # TC-13F-0645)
- July 15, 2011 - Manufacturer of New Rescuer Product Points to Advanced Technology & Oxygen Starter
- February 1, 2011 - CSE Corporation Introduces New Miner Breathing Rescue Device
- January 14, 2011 - SR-100 User Notice (Updated)
Archived Media Information
- September 2, 2010 - Response to the Mine Safety & Health Administration's (MSHA) Procedure Instruction Letter No. I10-V-15 released August 31
- May 12, 2010 - SR-100 User Notice (Updated)
- May 10, 2010 - SR-100 User Notice (Updated)
- April 26, 2010 - Statement from CSE Corporation Regarding the Performance Coal - Upper Big Branch Mine Explosion
- February 26, 2010 - CSE Announces Limited Voluntary Recall of Certain SR-100's for Evaluation
- February 25, 2010 - SR-100 User Notice
- Coal Mine Inspectors Experience SCSR Training Units During Simulated Mine Explosion
- Coal Miners Experience SR-100 Training Units as Part of Mine Safety Training Exercise
- Thank You Letter from West Virginia Office of Miners' Health, Safety and Training (PDF)
News & Media Information: 2014
CSE training equipment and personnel featured in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s special companion resource PowerSource: Coal industry trains in Pennsylvania for a zero-accident mine
December 30, 2014 – RUFF CREEK — A dozen or so Pennsylvania state mine inspectors gathered to hear the situation: “Art Vandelay,” the midnight shift mine inspector, had lost contact with those on the surface after radioing in that he noticed smoke at the front end of a mined-out long wall panel.
CSE recently had the opportunity to visit and work with students at two different Universities, The University of Arizona and Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Representatives from CSE gave a lecture and discussion about the importance of effective hands-on SCSR training for miners.
December 4, 2014 – CSE was chosen as a finalist in the Pittsburgh Business Time’s 2014 Manufacturer of the Year-Premo J. Pappafava Excellence Award. An awards dinner was held on December 4, 2014.
From October 22nd -24th, 2014, Chuck Edwards, Scott Shearer, Jr., and Nick Manis attended the annual joint meeting of the Pittsburgh Coal Mining Institute of America (PCMIA) and the Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration (SME).
Scott Shearer Jr. presented The Importance of “Why” for Effective Training: Techniques in SCSR Training at several events recently; the MTA (Mine Trainers Association) Conference in Mt. Vernon, IL on September 5, 2014 and the 2014 TRAM/National Mine Instructors Seminar held at the National Mine Health and Safety Academy in Beaver, WV on October 16, 2014.
June 6, 2014 – Published in: Sharpe’s Point: On Mine Safety, Sharpe Media – The clock is ticking on the service life of closed circuit escape respirators (CCERs) used in underground mining, and no game plan has been devised to deal with the impending situation.