2016 Media Information
2015 Media Information
2014 Media Information
2013 Media Information
- December 31, 2013 - Customer Notice-Reminder: SR-100 Units are No Longer Certified for Use
- How to Read the SRLD Temperature Indicator
- SR-D Retrofit Kit Now Available
- May 24, 2013 - CSE: Training Essential to Success of Mine Safety Device (PDF Article)
- Don't Get Stuck With The Wrong Pouch
- January 23, 2013 - Customer Notice - Reminder Phase Out SR-100 Units
2012 Media Information
- Visit Our Booth (#1643) at MINExpo 2012!
- August 22, 2012 - CSE Announces End of Distributor Agreement
- CUSTOMER NOTICE
Re: SR-100 RETRIEVAL & DISPOSAL PROCESS
- May 31, 2012 - CSE Announces Key Initiatives Aimed at Advancing the Production and Delivery of the SRLD
- May 23, 2012 - CSE: Setting the Record Straight
- May 6, 2012 - Monroeville's CSE Corp. Rebounds After Returning to Domestic Suppliers
- Effective Training Saves Lives Presentation
- April 26, 2012 - Statement from CSE regarding MSHA / NIOSH user notice for SR-100
- April 17, 2012 - Statement from CSE Regarding Status of SR-100
2011 Media Information
- July 26, 2011 - NEW SRLD Rescuer Device Approved by NIOSH and MSHA (Approval # TC-13F-0645)
- July 15, 2011 - Manufacturer of New Rescuer Product Points to Advanced Technology & Oxygen Starter
- February 1, 2011 - CSE Corporation Introduces New Miner Breathing Rescue Device
- January 14, 2011 - SR-100 User Notice (Updated)
Archived Media Information
- September 2, 2010 - Response to the Mine Safety & Health Administration's (MSHA) Procedure Instruction Letter No. I10-V-15 released August 31
- May 12, 2010 - SR-100 User Notice (Updated)
- May 10, 2010 - SR-100 User Notice (Updated)
- April 26, 2010 - Statement from CSE Corporation Regarding the Performance Coal - Upper Big Branch Mine Explosion
- February 26, 2010 - CSE Announces Limited Voluntary Recall of Certain SR-100's for Evaluation
- February 25, 2010 - SR-100 User Notice
- Coal Mine Inspectors Experience SCSR Training Units During Simulated Mine Explosion
- Coal Miners Experience SR-100 Training Units as Part of Mine Safety Training Exercise
- Thank You Letter from West Virginia Office of Miners' Health, Safety and Training (PDF)
Statement from CSE regarding MSHA / NIOSH user notice for SR-100
April 26, 2012
We at CSE take our responsibility very seriously and have worked with the regulatory agencies regarding this matter. During this process, we have been upfront, transparent and maintained open lines of communication, not only with MSHA and NIOSH, but with our customers as well.
We have dedicated all of our resources to solve any concerns during the course of the inquiry. We are fully prepared to meet our customers' needs for SCSRs within the timeline set by the government.
We have complete confidence in all of the products we produce and want our customers to know that we are prepared to support their needs during this time of orderly transition and in the future. CSE is now, and has always been, dedicated to miner safety, and we want to ensure that every miner has the proper safety equipment.
Previously released MSHA investigative reports document at least 30 miners have been saved from critical situations by donning the CSE SR-100 in the last decade. This includes miners from Sago and UBB.
It is important to note, CSE voluntarily ceased production of the SR-100 when the company's internal quality control process identified a possible issue with the oxygen cylinder.
We are in the process of communicating our action plan to each of our customers and we will comply with all required timelines set by the government. We will continue to support our customers throughout the mining and non-mining industries.